This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Other
Canada's National Ballet School is currently inviting applications for the contract, part-time position of:
RENTAL LIAISON & FRONT OF HOUSE CAPTAIN
(FEBRUARY – JULY 2016, APPROX. 20 HOURS PER WEEK)
This position will offer support to the Venue Rentals & Front of House Manager by acting as onsite liaison for private rentals; corporate rentals; theater rentals; use of the facility by groups who have gratis use and internal groups. The Rental Liaison & FOH Captain will also assist in ticket sales and offer some administration support.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Onsite client liaison for events/performances; ensures user satisfaction; creates post-event follow up.
• Responsible for all aspects of the front of house during events at the Betty Oliphant Theatre when on site.
• Review of clients’ contracts and event timeline.
• Assist in Usher Training.
• Assists with ticket sales and reporting for internal events.
• Maintains Box Office phone system; updates outgoing messages regularly, checks and returns all voicemail messages in a timely manner.
• Assesses situations that may cause potential danger or damage to NBS property or staff; confirming all proper liability insurance policies and SOP are on site and in view for event
• Flexible hours , evenings and weekends
• Post-Secondary education in a theatre-related program, events or equivalent;
• Minimum 2 years hands on experience in special events coordinator or Front of House related positions with minimum two (2) years of hands-on production experience;
• Fully trained in evacuation and emergency procedures for rental events
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); previous experience with EventPro an asset.
• Ability to successfully manage competing tasks and priorities in a high energy environment
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills - able to work harmoniously with all rental clients, internal staff & external contractors during events.
• Broad understanding of the not-for-profit sector
Successful candidates must supply Canada’s National Ballet School with a Police Reference Check in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy; this will be coordinated through the Human Resources Department of NBS.
Qualified applicants should send their resumes to including “Rental Liaison - 2016” in the subject line of your email by January 31, 2016*.
Canada’s National Ballet School is located at 400 Jarvis St., Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G6.
Please visit www.nbs-enb.ca for more information.
* Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NBS is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
NBS thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Established in 1959, Canada’s National Ballet School is one of the world’s foremost training institutions for aspiring young dancers and teachers. Attracting students from across the country and around the world, NBS is the only ballet academy in North America to provide elite dance training, academic instruction and residential care on the same campus. The School’s progressive curriculum, with its emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being of the student, has put NBS at the forefront of dance training internationally.
Making dance relevant to all persons through its philosophy of ‘sharing dance’ sees NBS engaging a diverse mix of participants, from school children to people living with Parkinson’s Disease, in both on and off-site classes.