This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Apply here: http://cirk.me/2vJE97C
Temporary position (16 months)
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, you will be required to ensure the successful transition of all acrobatic rigging elements into an arena environment in such a way as to meet the creative and operational requirements, in accordance with established parameters, schedules and budgets.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Prepare project schedules and budgets, and monitor them closely;
· Secure quotes in line with trade practices and ensure they include all the elements required for their execution according to the established parameters and budgets;
· Maintain the creators’ vision in terms of constructing the design and existing technical concepts for use in the arena environment;
· Carry out research, and verify the technical concept and design of existing equipment to determine suitability for use in the arena environment.
· Carry out research and design work, and verify the technical concept for new equipment and items to manufacture or acquire, while respecting the creators’ vision and artistic constraints;
· Read, write and correct technical specifications;
· Liaise directly with selected suppliers to ensure budget, timeframe and technical requirements are adhered to;
· Act as a point of contact between the tour, the suppliers and the adaptation team on all matters related to acrobatic rigging;
· Work closely with the other project supervisors, and communicate with the Production Manager and other stakeholders in the event of difficulties or unforeseen circumstances;
· Supervise and participate in the successful implementation and proper use of new and existing equipment during the transition to the arena touring environment;
· Follow up on the implementation and utilization of equipment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· College-level diploma (DEC) in show production or equivalent experience;
· Six to eight years’ experience in theatrical rigging systems, including three years as a project supervisor or technical director;
· General knowledge of all technical aspects of a show and specific knowledge of acrobatic rigging and arena touring;
· Excellent organizational, prioritization and budget-management skills;
· Ability to adapt to the unexpected and work under pressure;
· Knowledge of the Windows environment, Office and AutoCAD;
· Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
· Availability to travel.
Apply for this job
Please note that the mandate contains a temporary assignment in China. To help applicants fully understand the particularities related to the location of this assignment, they are required to consult the information and guidelines provided by the Government of Canada for China (https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/china) prior to submitting their application. Applicants may equally consult the governmental website of their country of residence. Cirque du Soleil is not responsible for the immigration rules and procedures of foreign states, therefore the applicants are responsible to inform themselves of, and comply with, the standards, laws and regulations of the country of employment throughout the assignment.
Salary: to be determined