This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The successful applicant will have 3 years demonstrated experience in professional technical theatre. They will have a strong understanding of modern stage equipment including lighting, sound, rigging and theatre construction techniques. They must have exceptional interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, to deal in a positive and helpful manner with staff and user groups. They must have strong supervisory skills to lead staff and make decisions; be highly organized and able to prioritize effectively to work to meet rigorous deadlines. They will have strong knowledge of health and safety legislation and be able to implement and follow company safety policies and procedures. The ability to manage multiple projects on finite timelines and budgets with the ability to creatively problem solve while maintaining a positive attitude is mandatory. They will work as an integral part of the production team in collaboration with the Production Manager and Associate Artistic Director.
- The Technical Director will work with Designers of all WCT productions to realize designs while keeping within budgetary constraints set forth by the Production Manager and Associate Artistic Director.
- The TD will work closely with all Department Heads and Stage Management, to disseminate information from designers of all WCT productions, from preliminaries to finals.
- The TD will manage the build process in all departments in close collaboration with the PM and Associate Artistic Director.
- The TD will ensure the overall health and safety standards of all departments are kept up to date and are being followed.
- The TD will design and build all special effects for WCT productions.
- The TD will be responsible for WCT’s production centre, the Pavilion.
- Manage a volunteer base, assist when time allows with special events of WCT, and be a resource to other arts community members.
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Technical Theatre is an asset.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and strong drafting skills in both Vectorworks and hand drafting.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- LE or FE electrical certification is an asset.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Lori Marchand, General Manager
Western Canada Theatre
PO Box 329, Kamloops, BC V2C 5K9