This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Production Manager and the Director of Facility & Operations, the Production System Technician provides support to both staff and management teams. Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Oversight and the maintenance and installation of a diverse portfolio of technologies in the theatres, lobbies, rehearsal and other spaces including:
o theatrical sound, rigging and lighting control and their associated networks
o video distribution
o digital signage systems
o audio art installations
o wireless technologies
o security systems
• Development and ongoing updating of systems maintenance manuals and documentation of the technical systems that are serviced
• Liaise, coordinate and cooperate with other departments and companies in the EPCOR CENTRE in regards to schedules, personnel and equipment requirements
• Coordinate with contractors when required for supply and maintenances of the various systems
• Develop future projects with the various production, communications and IT departments
Applicants should be a graduate of an electronics technology program at a recognized post-secondary education institute, or have a minimum of five years equivalent working experience. Maintenance and installation experience in these above areas of responsibility would be an asset. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse personalities.
This position is based on 40 hours per week - flexible hours may be required from time to time to deal with emergent items or network upgrades.
Deadline for all applications: 16h00, Sept 3, 2013.
Please state the position you are applying for. No phone calls please. We thank all interested applicants in advance, but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Salary: A competitive compensation package is offered.
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts is a not-for-profit charitable organization that welcomes over 600,000 Calgarians annually into our facility. The mission of EPCOR CENTRE is to ignite imagination, provide the public with cultural experiences that exceed expectations, assist artists in realizing their visions and to enable the artistic expression of all citizens. We are interested in like-minded individuals who will help us achieve our goals.