This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Production Manager (PM), under the direction of the Director of Theatre and Arts Centre, will work in all aspects of technical services including the supervision and operation of the Keyano Theatre Main Stage and the Art Centre performance venues. The PM supervises a fulltime technical staff of four, several short term contract/casual employees and designers plus many volunteers and students.
• Technical Theatre diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer.
• Minimum five years relevant experience.
• A high level of expertise is required in all areas of technical theatre such as carpentry, audio, lighting, video, rigging, wardrobe, problem solving, time management and proficiency with hazard assessments and elimination.
• A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community/educational theatre, and the safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
• Strong computer skills including AutoCAD, Vectorworks and 3D show rendering / visualizations are definite assets.
• Standard First Aid and Pyro Certification are assets.
• The ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment is essential.
• Good communication skills, the desire to work in a strong team setting and a healthy sense of humour are all requirements.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required for the position.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 1314-TPM-062
Please submit your current resume to Human Resources, including the competition number and how you heard about this competition by email at email@example.com. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however applications will be reviewed as of December 13, 2013. Please note that it is our practice to contact only those candidates who are chosen to proceed in the competition.
Please note that we will not respond to inquiries about whether your application was received as you will have received an email confirmation at the time you applied. For any other recruitment-related questions, please call the Keyano College Recruitment Hotline at 780-791-8992 and leave a detailed message, Thank You.
Full posting at www.keyano.ca/AboutUs/HRDepartment/EmploymentOpportunities
Salary: $67,729.33 per annum, plus an attractive benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).
Keyano College Recruitment Hotline at 780-791-8992 and leave a detailed message
Keyano Theatre is looking for a highly motivated and fully skilled Production Manager. This is a full-time position with an attractive benefit package. This position is to commence January 6, 2014.
Keyano Theatre serves as Fort McMurray’s (pop. 75,000+) cultural centre - producing a subscription season of 4 plays; administrating and providing technical services for the College’s Arts Centre; and hosting a Presenter Series of out-of-town artists. The main stage Theatre seats 600 and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology; the Recital Theatre seats 200.
A full-time staff of nine led by the Director of Theatre and Arts Centre co-ordinate approximately 300 publicly attended events a year. The 4-play subscription series incorporates students and community members on and off stage. The senior artists (directors, designers, etc.) come from the best of Alberta’s professional artists.