This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Green Thumb Theatre is seeking a year-round permanent Production Manager to manage and oversee all production-related activity both in house and on tour and the maintenance of the Green Thumb Theatre facilities. The Production Manager is responsible for supervision of all technical aspects of Green Thumb’s productions and special events.The Production Manager reports jointly to the Artistic Director and General Manager. In general he/she: reports directly to the Artistic Director on all matters related to technical personnel, design, stage management, and artistic and/or technical elements of productions and special events; and reports directly to the General Manager on all matters related to expenses for the above.
• In conjunction with the General Manager to estimate production budgets for the season and to manage and track expenses.
• negotiating and preparing CTA engagement contracts for all stage management
• negotiating and preparing ADC contracts or letters of agreement, as appropriate, for all designers
• engaging all technicians and craftspeople
• coordinating and supervising all production meetings
• supervising all stage management, technicians and craftspeople, including the provision and monitoring of petty cash, issuance of credit cards and/or gasoline cards
• monitoring all production expenses in a timely fashion, and informing the General Manager of the status of production budgets on a regular basis
• keeping detailed documentation of all production activities, including final prompt scripts, receipts, financial reports, copies of agreements, memos, invoices, etc.
• acquiring technical equipment, either by lease or purchase, in consultation with the Artistic Director and General Manager
• ensuring that all technical equipment is maintained in good working order
• arranging for adequate, dry, clean and safe storage of sets, props, costumes and other production elements
• arranging for van maintenance of Green Thumb’s vehicles as required by the CTA, ICBC and in any case, for safe transportation of sets, props, costumes and personnel as required
• arranging for rental vehicles, as required
• in conjunction with the Tour & Education Manager, make all arrangements for freight of sets, props, costumes and other technical elements of productions, as required for tours and showcases
• preparing ATA carnets as needed for foreign tours, showcases and special events
• instruct touring companies with the set-up and break-down of sets and props, including van load-in and load-out
• providing technical assistance to touring companies, as needed
• assisting the General Manager, Artistic Director and Board of Directors with technical elements of Special Events
• participating in company events within the scope of availability and scheduling
• working with production budgets and resources established in conjunction with the General Manager and Artistic Director
• undertaking or implementing other production-related duties, as required
• Oversee and manage all facility-related issues and upgrades
3-5 years professional theatre experience is an asset.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical and Dental Benefits as per Green Thumb Theatre’s policy.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Linda Gorrie, General Manager
Green Thumb Theatre is a touring theatre company based in Vancouver, BC. We commission and develop new Canadian plays with a focus on work that explores social issues relevant to the lives of children, youth and young adults. Green Thumb tours between 4 and 6 productions a season throughout BC, across North America and occasionally overseas. As well, Green Thumb has a robust commissioning and play development program that has seen the creation of some of the most produced plays in Canada.