This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for a Production Manager for the summer of 2017. The approximate dates of the contract will be from March – July 2017. Specific dates have not yet been confirmed and will be worked out with the successful candidate and the rest of the team.
The Production Manager is responsible for realizing the visions of the Artistic Director and the Directing Team within the overall budget and time constraints. This involves coordinating the operations of the various Production Teams: wardrobe, sound, props, stage management, etc.
In addition to management and financial skills, a production manager will have an overall knowledge of all production disciplines and how they interact during the production process. This may involve dealing with matters ranging from the hiring of staff, obtaining materials and services, personnel relations, logistics, information technology, union negotiations, scheduling and workplace safety.
Contract Dates (tentative):
Part time (hours to be determined and not required to be in residence), March 1 to April 1, 2017 and then full time (in residence), April 2 to July 30, 2017.
Experience that would prove an asset to the position include:
- a strong understanding of theatre organization
- experience and education in Theatre and/or management
- previous experience in theatres which are comprised mainly of volunteer actors
- experience in outdoor theatre and/or events
- previous experience working with animals in theatre or related events is an asset
- experience in production scheduling/planning/staffing
- must enjoy working in a challenging creative environment
- willing and able to walk the challenging outdoor, 60 acre set
- a valid driver’s license is required
Areas of Oversight:
- Plan and supervise the execution of production requirements for the annual season productions
- Develop, manage and track production budgets
- Assist in engaging the seasonal artistic team and production personnel; negotiating fees housing arrangements, travel arrangements and issuing contracts.
- Manage production team and design process from initial concept though construction, rehearsal, opening and run including oversight of all disciplines’ labour, materials and rentals
- Develop and manage all production and rehearsal calendars and performance schedules
- Lead weekly production meetings.
- Oversee annual strike week following the performance season.
- Advise on and assist with the planning of special projects and future artistic activity development
- Enforce and stay up to date on current health and safety concerns/policies
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings
- Other duties as required
Salary: To be negotiated based on qualifications
Please take a moment to visit our website www.canadianpassionplay.com and then submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations via email to:
Vance Neudorf – Executive Director
1 403 823-2001 ext. 226
The deadline for resume submission is Friday January 20, 2017.
Now in its 24th season, The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. The company is a unique combination of primarily volunteer performers with professional mentors and crew. The company mandate is to annually depict the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is performed on Canada’s largest outdoor stage, built into the hills of the Drumheller badlands in front of a 2700 seat outdoor amphitheatre.