This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Vertigo Theatre Society in Calgary, AB seeks a Production Associate (PA) for the 2011/12 season to replace the current PA while on maternity leave. This position will commence August 15, 2011 and terminate May 11, 2012. The PA is responsible for providing excellent technical assistance to the Production Department, crewing for Main Stage and Y Stage productions as well as for rental companies, and assisting with facility maintenance. This position works primarily with the Production & Facility Manager and Technical Director, as well as with The Playhouse and The Studio House Technicians, Stage Management, and venue renters. Vertigo’s Production Department works as a team, and duties of the PM, TD, APM, and PA are often shared.
The successful candidate:
- Will assist the Production Department on all Vertigo Mystery Shows and Ystage presentations
- Has a minimum of two years post-secondary training in technical theatre and production
- Has drafting, CAD and computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Has some experience in scheduling house and casual crews
- Has strong communication skills, particularly when working with crews and rental companies
- Is a team player
- PAL firearms certification, first aid and WHMIS training are an asset
This is a temporary position covering a maternity leave.
Terri Gillis, Production & Facility Manager
Vertigo Theatre produces 5 main stage productions each season as part of their Mystery Series, 1 production as part of the Y Stage series, and 5 presentations as part of the Y Stage Family Series.