This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Office Production Coordinator reports to the IATSE Local 118 Executive Board, with the primary supervisor being as designated by the board, and is responsible for coordinating the administrative and general office functions of IATSE Local 118. This is a role that calls for a highly organized individual who will effectively work with a diverse team. The ideal candidate is resourceful, detail oriented and a good communicator.
• Create and maintain office calendar
• Post advance event information into database system (CallSteward)
• Receive crew requests and enter into database system (CallSteward)
• Schedule and train labour dispatchers
• Prepare labour estimates
• Coordinate IT System administration including back-ups, software upgrades, server maintenance and access
• Maintain and update website with current information including seniority lists, and contracts
• Maintain and update all contact information for Members and Employers
• Monitor existing labour agreements for expirations and updates
• Assist members with administrative requirements such as Sister Local Status, Pink Contracts etc.
• Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence as well as provide constant office presence.
• Attend and provide reports at Executive meetings as required
• Assist with travel arrangements for members attending conventions and conferences
• Work in coordination with the Bookkeeper, providing assistance and vacation coverage as needed
• Other duties as required.
Minimum qualifications to successfully perform the job of Office Production Coordinator are:
• 3 years previous office experience at a coordinator level
• Excellent English language skills and strong writing proficiency
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
• Working familiarity with database systems
• Experience creating budgets and estimates
• Up-to-date with advancements in office technology and applications
• Collaborative team player that can establish and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of people including clients, co-workers, members and Executive Board.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and work under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Solid organizational skills with good attention to detail
• Solid and innovative problem-solving skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when required
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to exercise diplomacy and discretion.
• Strong adherence to the scope of duties assigned
While not required, assets that are considered preferable for Office Production Coordinator are:
• Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma in performing arts (technical) or related degree and 2+ years’ experience, OR equivalent professional experience, in a production office environment
• Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma in arts, office or business administration OR equivalent professional experience.
• Working proficiency with web software ( e.g. WordPress or HTML)
• Experience creating detailed production and technical schedules
• Experience working with technical production crew
• Familiarity with the different theatrical departments, job titles, and roles and responsibilities of technical crew
• Experience in entertainment production industry
• Experience working in a Union environment
• Proficiency with accounting systems and practices
• Proficiently in Sage 300 and 50
• Customer service experience or training
• Hiring hall and/or skilled labour dispatching familiarity
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to the Hiring Committee via the IATSE Local 118 office with “[Lastname]_OfficeProductionCoordinator” in the subject line by end of day Sunday March 4, 2018. The Local is an equal opportunity employer and committed to employment equity, and requests any accommodations be noted in cover letters to ensure reasonable preparations may be made.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 commensurate with experience
Contact Name: IATSE 118 Hiring Committee
Contact Mail: 206-2940 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V5T 3G3
Founded in 1904, IATSE local 118 (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees of the United States and Canada) is the labour union supplying technicians, stagehands, artisans and craftspeople to the Greater Vancouver entertainment industry, including live theatre, rock and roll, and trade shows, and conventions. Local 118 has a large, skilled, and experienced workforce.