This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the marketing requirements for the EA Rawlinson Centre. The Marketing & Events Coordinator works closely with the Front of House Coordinator and Production Manager to develop the marketing & promotional material for the Centre, provide sponsorship & grant administrative support to the General Manager and Front of House assistance for shows and events at the Centre.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator also plays a key role with the development, retention and supervision of the Volunteer Company at the EARC, and is also competent in their ability to provide FOH Coordinator duties as required. It is anticipated that this position will focus on Marketing and Events for approximately 60% of the time, and will provide coverage for Front of House Coordinator duties approximately 40% of the time.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Degree or diploma from an accredited institution with a focus on marketing; or a minimum of five years related marketing experience, preferably in the arts and entertainment industry.
• Minimum 2 years marketing and event experience.
• Diploma and/or experience in Event Management is an asset.
Key Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ticketing & event software (ex. Theatre Manager)
• Must be able to work daytime, evenings and weekends.
• Class 5 driver′s license.
1. Marketing and Promotion.
• Use targeted, specific digital marketing to attract bookings for local acts, meetings, and special events to the Rawlinson Centre.
• Coordinate the marketing & promotional aspects of the Centre.
• Design and coordinate the distribution of any promotional material and information for the Centre.
• Use local media channels, social media, blogs and websites to promote events and programming at the Centre, ensuring up to date, relevant and engaging content.
• Organize and facilitate all advertising and social media postings for the Season Series and other events and programs as required.
• Provide promotional and marketing support for the Broadway North program.
• Provide the General Manager with administrative and marketing and creative support for the Sponsorship Plan Agreements, Sponsorship materials, and Grant Applications.
• Assist the General Manager to identify strategies to increase revenue and elevate the profile of the Centre.
• Work with the General Manager to find new events, festivals, and ideas to bring a wider demographic into the Centre, raising the accessibility profile of the Centre.
2. Front of House.
• Provide organizational support in the planning of Rawlinson-sponsored events.
• Provide coverage for the Box Office as required.
• Provide supervision to box office staff and volunteers.
• Assist the Front of House Coordinator with the coordination, inventory, and cash counts for the bar and concession operation as required.
• Assist the Front of House Coordinator with the Merchandise setup, selling, counts & settlements as required.
• Provide support to the Front of House Manager during high-profile events and, as required, act as the FOH Coordinator for some events.
3. Volunteer Program:
• Working with the Front of House Coordinator, develop and implement an effective volunteer program including coordination & supervision of assigned volunteer activities, recognitions, creating & developing policies and hosting orientations.
• Assist in recruitment and training of volunteers.
4. General Duties
• Attend to all inquiries through personal, telephone, and written communication.
• Follow acts, regulations, bylaws, agreements, policies and procedures.
• Follow regulations, acts and policies of Occupational Health & Safety.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.