This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Director of Construction, this employee shall coordinate and supervise the construction of scenery according to Production Canada specifications. This employee is responsible for quoting and planning scenery construction and managing client expectations. The MOC will assist Construction Managers during their project executions. The MOC works in conjunction with the DOC to oversee project execution and budgets.
- Over-all shop and event specific quality control
- Manage Department wide budgets
- Assess department capacity and assign Construction Managers to projects
- Process and analyze workflow using available company task management tools
- Coaching department employees’ professional development
- Facilitating design from clients and staff
- Costing and Analysis of drawings and projects
- Creation of construction drawings for client approval and scenic construction
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff
- Managing shop and site crews
- Ten years of professional experience in the corporate event or theatre industry in a senior management position
- Strong leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritizing and delegation
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read construction drawings and generate accurate estimates
- Personable disposition a must.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Knowledge of CAD and drafting in both 2D and 3D, Vectorworks preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate as much as possible the needs of staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Remuneration based on skills and experience per hour based on a 40 – 44 hour work week.
Salary: Salary Range = $70k - $90k annually paid bi-weekly
Please send your 1 page resume and a cover letter via email to
Production Canada is a live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for theatre companies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate etc.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients. Our facility is in Vaughan, ON, about 30-45 mins from downtown Toronto.