This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Manager, Production and Technical Services, manages all aspects of production and technical services for the Simon Fraser University (SFU) Woodward’s - Goldcorp Centre for the Arts’ seven performance and exhibition venues in the SFU Woodward’s Performance Complex.
The Manager contributes to the effective utilization of SFU Woodward’s venues through an in-depth knowledge of the production and technical capabilities of the venues, the staff, and the production requirements of events.
The Manager, Production and Technical Services, develops and manages budgets and ensures fiscal accountability for budget areas. The incumbent of the position makes operational decisions to maximize revenues and improve cost-efficiency.
The Manager provides technical direction for all productions presented at the Performance Complex including those internal to SFU as well as those presented in collaboration with non-SFU arts and cultural organizations.
The Manager, Production and Technical Services, hires, trains, and supervises production and technical staff supporting events.
Please note: This position is located at Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC.
- University graduation with a Fine Arts degree in Theatre Production, with a minimum of five years of experience as a Technical Director in theatre and event management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the performing arts with a strong emphasis on contemporary art forms.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service requirements in a wide range of the performing arts with a good knowledge of industry riders and touring requirements.
- Good knowledge of budget management, financial reporting tools, and cost control methods.
- Proficiency in the use of administrative and financial management software applications in addition to AutoCAD or Vectorworks.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, client relations, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Ability to supervise the work of staff including SFU technical and production staff and CUPE crews.
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple events concurrently.
- Ability to accurately estimate the costs associated with the presentation of productions and events.
- Ability to work in a creative environment, meet firm deadlines, and be responsive to changing needs.
- Ability to work flexible hours including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
This is a temporary full-time position due to maternity leave.
START DATE: March 21, 2011
POSITION END DATE: June 1, 2012
Salary: SALARY RANGE: $63,330 - $75,628 per annum
A detailed resume and cover letter quoting Competition #020 must be received in our office by 4:30 pm on February 16, 2011, addressed to the attention of<address><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: normal;">Sheva Bridgmohan, Human Resources Advisor, at: </span></address><address><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: normal;">Human Resources</span></address><address><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: normal;">Simon Fraser University</span></address><address><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: normal;">8888 University Drive</span></address><address><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: normal;">Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6 Canada; </span></address>
or fax # 778-782-4381.
If you wish to email your application, please follow the instructions at www.sfu.ca/hr/prospective_employees/HowToApply.html
If the email instructions are not followed, your application may not be processed correctly.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.