This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Tour Director, the Logistic Director is in charge of planning and managing operations with respect to the set-up, tear down and maintenance/operation of the site and its infrastructure, especially the big top and the other main structures on site (bleachers, tents, stables, washrooms, etc.).
• Manage the employees of the logistic department;
• Ensure that the production conforms to norms and standards pertaining to building, fire and structural requirements of public areas, as defined by the engineers as well as ensuring that the audience is comfortable and has a quality experience;
• Maintain the quality/security of the site and infrastructure;
• Plan and manage the transportation of all equipment and mobile infrastructure while ensuring of the integrity of the material;
• With the collaboration of the Tour and Public Services Director, plan and implement emergency and security measures;
• Responsible for restoring the site to its original state after tear down;
• Analyze the viability of potential sites with respects to the technical requirements of the production and the city/country rules and regulations;
• Plan and follow up on the budget for the logistic department (per city/per year).
• 5 years of experience in a similar position;
• Specific knowledge of big tops in terms of structure and set-up/tear down operations;
• Ability to read and update blue prints and designs of sites and structures;
• Specific knowledge of various equipment used during the setup of logistic and technical department;
• Knowledge of transportation requirements, loading plans and customs brokerage;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15