This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to both the Coordinator of Technical Operations and Head Technician, the Level 1 – Stage Technician will be responsible for providing assistance for day to day technical operation of all events and programs at The Milton Centre for the Arts. This position provides technical services to the Technical Services Team in the areas of Stage Carpentry, Lighting and Audio, to ensure the smooth operations of all events. Including, but not limited to: operating theatre equipment, loading and unloading of performance related equipment, equipment maintenance, liaison with community users and providing on-stage support during performances. This position is intended for persons currently enrolled in Secondary and Post Secondary institutions who are also in pursuit of additional Live Performance training. Consideration will be given to those without formal training but have a strong desire to learn technical production in the Live Performance Industry.
Major Job Responsibilities Include:
• Provide all forms of technical assistance and support for events at the Milton Centre for the Arts
• Operate theatrical equipment in a performance environment as directed by the Head Technician and/or Coordinator of Technical Operations
• Assist in loading/unloading of trucks and equipment
• Assist in setting up of performance related equipment
• Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
• Enrolled in a Secondary or Post Secondary Institution with an interest in pursuing additional Live Performance training
• Ability to learn and take instruction in a busy environment
• Must be able to multi-task while working under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
• Works well in a team environment
• Excellent customer service skills
Note: Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends. The successful candidates must be able to provide their own CSA certified (Grade 1 and Electrical) steel toe safety boots or shoes, be able to lift 50 lbs and be able to safely work at heights greater than 20 feet.
Salary: $13.51 per hour
Town of Milton, Department of Corporate Services,
150 Mary St., Milton, Ontario L9T 6Z5
Attention: Coordinator, Human Resources
Nestled within the scenic Niagara Escarpment, the Town of Milton is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Ontario. The Milton Centre for Arts is a new state-of-the art facility that includes a 500-seat theatre, large auditorium, 2 art studios, an art gallery and is home to the 30,000 square foot Milton Public Library Main Branch.