This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Head of Lighting is responsible for all lighting equipment in the show including the set-up and tear down during transfers, the performance of the equipment during shows, as well as the proper maintenance and repair of the equipment in order to ensure the highest quality of the shows.
• Planning, coordinating and performing the set-up and tear down of all lighting equipment during transfers;
• Planning, coordinating and carrying out the necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting to maintain the lighting equipment in excellent condition;
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of technical areas (backstage, shops, etc.);
• Assisting the backstage manager during shows, rehearsals and media events as required;
• Ensuring that operations run smoothly and safely during rehearsals and shows;
• Ensuring that the lighting equipment conforms to the original concept and quality of the show;
• Planning and participating in the updating, replacement and maintenance of lighting equipment in collaboration with the technical department;
• Managing “fly-in” staff and teams of local employees;
• Loading and unloading trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
• Participating in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
• Performing all other tasks required to ensure that show operations are smooth and safe.
• 3 to 6 years minimum experience as a Head of Lighting;
• Touring experience is an asset;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery ;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the principles and standards of lighting/electrical systems, as well as touring operations;
• Excellent knowledge of Martin, Vari*lite and ETC equipment as well as GrandMA consoles;
• Ability to perform physical tasks and to work high above the ground;
• Bilingual (French & English);
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to:
Re: Head of Lighting
Fax: (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.