This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Head of Wardrobe for the summer of 2014. The contract would run from May 5th to Aug 1st, 2014.
The wardrobe team consists of: Head of Wardrobe, Cast Costume Facilitator, Wardrobe Assistants (Cutters, Stitchers, Milliners, Dressers) and Production Volunteers.
Head of Wardrobe – Duties include but not limited to:
• Overseeing the setup, operation and maintenance of the wardrobe workshop, its costume stock and equipment.
• Under the supervision of the Costume Designer select and assign existing costume stock to specific actors.
• Conduct costume fittings of cast members and crew.
• Oversee the construction, alteration, and repair of costume stock, including collaboration with the Stitchers to assure the aforementioned is completed in a timely manner.
• Oversee management of costume preset, dressing, and quick-changes at dress rehearsals and performances as required by stage management.
• Oversee Wardrobe Staff in regards laundering of costumes for principle actors during dress rehearsals and performances.
• Collaborate with Stage management as to the return of all costumes.
• Oversee pack up and winter storage of costume stock and wardrobe department equipment.
• Supervise the Wardrobe Staff to maintain efficient functioning of the wardrobe department.
• Other duties as required for the smooth operation of the wardrobe department.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter Attention to Mr. Justin Born, Production Manager no later than March 10th, 2014.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 21st season. The company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is an epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be performed by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.