This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Head of Wardrobe. This unionized position is full time starting on or about August 13, 2014.
The Head of Wardrobe will work under the supervision of the Production Shop Technical Director.
• Supervise and lead wardrobe production and maintenance personnel (3 regular part-time and casual)
• Arrange for related IATSE staff and outside service-providers for the department as needed
• Work closely with Designers, Stage Managers and Dressers
• Develop estimates of labour and material costs, as well as production schedules based on the show scripts, and the designers sketches / costume breakdowns
• Control show and department budgets and report as required
• Coordinate purchases of related materials and accessories
• Efficiently utilize costume stock and supervise its inventory and maintenance as well as rentals
• Attend production meetings, arrange for and attend fittings and supervise dress rehearsals
• Obtain, resolve and follow up on notes in a timely fashion ensuring a high production value
• Organize and co-ordinate hand-over to show running crew (dressers, wigs)
• Ensure proper show documentation as required
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of facilities, tools and equipment
• Make recommendations regarding improvements and capital purchases
• Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
• A broad range of experience and knowledge in all aspects of theatrical costume production techniques
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of theatrical wigs, facial pieces and make-up
• Advanced patternmaking, cutting, draping, and sewing skills
• Proven ability to supervise, train, support and evaluate staff in the relevant areas
• The successful candidate has demonstrated ability to establish priorities and achieve deadlines
Preference may be given to persons holding additional certificates for one, or all of the following;
Supervisor Safety, WHMIS, 1st Aid, a valid driver’s license.
A minimum of five years experience as Head of Wardrobe in a professional theatre company or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
The Head of Wardrobe will be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and possess good organizational and time management skills. This successful applicant will also have excellent communication skills with the ability to remain calm and diplomatic in stressful situations and when working with designers, directors, performers, stage managers and other personnel.
Salary: as per the collective agreement
Deadline for applications: July 14, 2014
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to:
1585 Johnston Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9
Email: website: www.artsclub.com
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Located on the scenic Granville Island in Vancouver, BC, and moving into its 51st season, the Arts Club Theatre Company is one of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies. This non-profit theatre produces currently fifteen plays in three theatres: the Granville Island Stage and Revue Stage on Granville Island and the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, in addition we do a series of three local run out/tour productions. The fully equipped Production Facility is located on Granville Island and is operating under an IATSE Collective Agreement with Local 118.