This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Working under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Head of Video is responsible for all video installations, the equipment performance during shows, the set up and tear down of the equipment as well as the proper operation, maintenance and repairs as per the needs of the show.
• Plan, coordinate and perform the set-up and tear down of all video equipment during transfers;
• Plan, coordinate and carry out the necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshoot to maintain the video equipment in excellent condition;
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of technical areas (backstage, shops, etc.);
• Assist the Backstage Manager during shows, rehearsals and media events as required;
• Ensure that operations run smoothly and safely during rehearsals, shows and media events;
• Ensure that the video equipment conforms to the original concept and quality of the show;
• Plan and take part in the update, replacement and maintenance of video equipment in collaboration with the technical department;
• Manage the “fly-in” staff and teams of local employees;
• Load and unload trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
• Participate in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
• Perform all other tasks required to ensure that show operations are smooth and safe.
To be discussed.
Tour conditions include transport, housing, per diem and meals.
• 3 to 6 years minimum experience in a similar position;
• Touring experience is an asset;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the principles and standards of video/electrical systems, as well as touring operations;
• Excellent knowledge of Christie, Barco & Cool-lux equipment as well as GrandMA consoles;
• Ability to perform physical tasks and work high above the ground;
• Bilingual (French & English);
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Re: Head of Video
Fax: (514) 879-9003 E-Mail :
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique,never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.