This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Sound Technician. Reporting to and under the supervision of the Technical Directors and Sound Designers when applicable this position is responsible for all aspects of sound and the sound systems at our three venues and on tour. This is a Part-Time Regular position and employment will be as required, depending on the specific demands of respective productions. This is a unionized position under the I.A.T.S.E. Collective agreement.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor and assist with all aspects of pre-production as it relates to sound or video
• Supervision of sound/video installation at our three venues when required
• Operating and mixing sound and video during productions, when required (live and pre-recorded)
• Assist Sound and Video Designers with respective designs and requirements
• Advise and assist with maintenance of sound/video equipment
• Documenting and tracking of all show-related configuration in cooperation with designers
• Source, build and edit show sound playback when required including tape, mini disc, CD, SFX and Q-lab
• Oversees the inventory and is responsible for organizing equipment and order of supplies as necessary
• Assisting with set up and tear downs of sound equipment on productions
• Preparing inventory reports
• Advise and assist on theatre rentals when required
• Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
• Proficient in mixing sound for large scale musicals.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of digital and analog sound boards including but not limited to; Yamaha DM2000, Yamaha LS9, Allen & Heath, and Midas.
• Broad understanding of Mac operating systems; Qlab Show control software; and Windows XP computer operating system and computer networking
• Preference will be given to persons holding an LPEC certificate, OFA Level 1, and a valid class 5 drivers license
• Proficiency in mixing live music and vocals for live theatre
• A good general knowledge of all technical aspects of live theatre
• Use and maintenance of wireless microphone systems
• Five (5) years’ experience in sound for professional theatre.
• Proficient skills in Q-Lab (software) programming and operation
• Able to work at heights
The Head Sound Technician will be self motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Must be flexible in outlook and approach to the position and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
Start date: On or around September 22, 2014.
Salary: Salary: as per the collective agreement.
TO APPLY: Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company
FAX: (604) 688-3273
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 7, 2014.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. Entering its 51st season, this not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round in three venues: the 198-seat Revue Stage; 450-seat Granville Island Stage; 630-seat Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage; and tours throughout the province.