This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 29, 2014
The Head of Scenic Paint will be responsible for the painting of scenery, drops, stage, furniture and other items for Citadel productions and activities.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Supervise or schedule the supervision of the painting of stage scenery and related items as well as participate in the painting.
• In consultation with the Director of Production and Technical Director determine methods, materials and any special training to be used.
• Supervise all activities directly related to the operation of the scenic paint workshop.
• Produce paint samples and working drawings necessary to realize the needs of the design.
• Ensure the appropriate care, handling and maintenance of all scenic paint equipment, materials and facilities.
• Understand, create and adhere to safe working practices with the materials in a multi use/discipline shop.
• Oversee the cleanliness of the scenic paint workshop and related areas.
• Attend meetings and rehearsals as required.
• Have, and keep current, all necessary licenses, certificates, and training, including First Aid.
• Manage and meet departmental budgets in consultation with the Director of Production.
• Meet schedule requirements.
• Ensure employees under their supervision maintain a co-operative, civil and respectful manner at all times.
• Build positive personnel relationships and resolve conflicts.
• Knowledge of all scenic paint materials, media and equipment including acrylic, oil and tempera paint and all techniques required to replicate an image to a large scale
• Ability as a gilder, plasterer and sculptor with skills in landscape painting, portraiture, figurative painting, trompe l’oeil and faux finishing
• highly organized, and detail-oriented individual who displays a positive attitude
• a minimum of five years scenic paint experience
• strong interpersonal skills
This position will start in Septembre 2014.
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. The Citadel Theatre thanks all applicants in advance. No telephone calls please.
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing an annual season which includes a Mainstage series of six plays,additional add-on presentations, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol and our Beyond the Stage presentation series. The Citadel is also home to the Robbins Academy which encompasses our creative development programs: Play Development, the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Foote Theatre School, and the Citadel Young Companies.
Our beautiful facility in Edmonton’s Downtown Arts District contains: the Shoctor Theatre - a proscenium stage with 686 seats; the Maclab Theatre - a thrust stage with 685 seats; the Club - a 200 seat cabaret style theatre; the Tucker Amphitheatre - an open-air multi-functional area which seats 150; Zeidler Hall - a 240 seat theatre suitable for films and lectures; the Lee Pavilion - a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30 foot waterfall