This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively. In addition to having superior interpersonal, communication, project coordination, and problem solving skills, the Theatre expects the Head of Scenic Carpentry to:
• maintain a high quality of workmanship, achieving the attention to detail that each constructed set element or hard prop requires
• work with the Technical Director to create construction drawings and build schedule for all scenic elements. Knowledge of how to use AutoCAD or Vector works is a must.
• ensure the safety of the workplace by adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
• ensure the safety of the performers by taking responsibility for any rigging as it applies to set elements.
• work with designers to realize their designs in conjunction with the Technical Director, Director of Production and Directors.
• construct set elements and hard props upon approval of Technical Director.
• review cost and labour design breakdowns for set elements and hard props to determine whether presented designs are feasible based on time, staffing and budget and where appropriate, make recommendations to the Technical Director.
• adhere to all budget guidelines as determined by the Director of Production.
• order supplies, materials and equipment required
• supervise all casual labour, students and volunteers assisting in set construction.
• supervise and participate in the set-up and strike of the set in the theatre.
• adhere to all schedules and deadlines as determined by the Technical Director.
• repair set elements during performance runs as required.
• Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
• Adhere to all aspects of the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295
Graduate of a Post Secondary Technical Theatre Program or Equivalent work experience
Understanding of AutoCAD or Vector Works
Valid Driver's License
First Aid is considered an asset
See Company website for more details
Globe offers a competitive salary and benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
The Head of Scenic Carpentry is a Full Time Seasonal Position, running from mid August through May, Interested individuals should email a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Sean Free, Technical Director
We thank all candidates for their submissions though only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the Theatre.
Salary: Is set by local IATSE agreement with the Theatre at $26.48 per hour
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.2 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six-seven main stage series as well as a five-seven play second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.