This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Head of Props will be responsible for providing rehearsal props, show props and set dressing for all WCT productions plus supervision of the props for the visiting shows. This is a buyer/ builder position. The Head will also be responsible for:
• Organizing and maintaining Props Shop supplies and materials, and the safe working state and general cleanliness of the Props Shop.
• Building and technical designing props.
• Being aware of the environmental impact of props processes.
• Maintaining and balancing props budgets.
• Maintaining props stock and storage spaces.
• All rentals/ loans of props to our community partners.
• Attending all production and staff meetings as required.
• Assisting other production departments with advice and technical aid as needs arise.
• On occasion, train and/or lead a production assistant and/or volunteers.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a graduate of a theatre program and have at least 2 years of professional theatre experience or equivalent.
• Have good organizational, self-motivation, communication and time management skills.
• Have a strong ability to work in a team environment.
• Have experience in the safe use of carpentry, props and wardrobe tools.
• Have a broad working knowledge of props construction techniques.
• Have the ability to interpret set design drawings.
• Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficiency in a graphics software would be an asset.
• Have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
For more information about Western Canada Theatre: www.wctlive.ca
Salary: $690 / 30 hours per week
Tel: 250-372-3216 ext. 26
1025 Lorne Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 5K9 British Columbia
Western Canada Theatre is a professional theatre based in Kamloops BC playing in the 700 seat city-owned Sagebrush Theatre and WCT’s black box Pavilion Theatre.