This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the Head Lighting Technician’s duties include but are not limited to:
- ensuring that lighting equipment is set up properly and consistent with the show concept;
- hanging and focusing the lighting plot;
- setting up and dismantling lighting equipment;
- inspecting and maintaining the lighting rig;
- operating the lighting console during shows and rehearsals;
- running light crew during load in and strikes;
- maintaining and repairing all lighting equipment;
- operating chain motors and assisting with rigging;
- assisting with set up and tear down of all show equipment;
- assisting with the maintenance of all technical equipment;
- ordering gels and other lighting equipment;
- carrying out all other tasks requested by the Technical Director;
- preparing inventory reports.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- minimum of three years experience in theatre and minimum of two years as a lighting technician;
- good general understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live shows;
- knowledge of chain motors and rigging is an asset;
- knowledge of video and video systems is an asset
- experience in dance, live music and other performing arts is an asset;
- ability to work well under pressure;
- good communication skills;
- flexibility in working methods
- must love theatre and live performing arts.
Theatre Junction GRAND technicians work under a collective bargaining agreement with Local 212 of IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees). Remuneration includes benefits and RRSPs.
For more information on The GRAND and Theatre Junction, please visit our website.
Salary: Union Contract/Hourly
Please send resumes to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 403-263-3605
By mail: Theatre Junction at The GRAND
608 1st St SW
Calgary AB T2P 1M6
More Info: 403-205-2922 ext 215 or 403-200-6100
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Junction GRAND is Calgary’s culturehouse for contemporary live arts. We plan our program using a 3-pillar strategy that includes (1) new creation by a resident company of artists, (2) local, national and international presentations of theatre, dance and music, (3) work by community partners such as Decidedly Jazz Danceworks, Springboard Fluid Festival and One Yellow Rabbit. Theatre Junction at The GRAND also hosts private events in Velvet Restaurant & Lounge and in the theatre(s).
The main theatre is a flexible space capable of multiple stage and seating configurations. There is also a studio space for rehearsals, events and small public performances.