This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Operations Technical Director, the Head of Carpentry will lead the Carpentry/Props team and establish safe and consistent operations of all systems. Operate the Carpentry/Props items and devices. Supervise department aquatic related underwater activities.Train the Carpentry/Props team and manage the day to day operations of the department
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• During Load in, creation or changes to the show, supervise the Carpentry/Props Crew in the development of the show and the department. Programme and document the creation of all Carpentry/Props Qs. Train the operation and Qing of the Show.
• Install and maintain large scale scenic and property items with motorized and or automated elements and counterweight systems as well as theatrical rigging. Install items composed of Steel, aluminium, wood and other materials. Liaise with Automation and Rigging departments for the safe installation and operation of all these elements.
• Manage and direct the Carpentry/Props Team and Department, manage staff performance, hire new employees, create and manage budgets and capital expenditures in conjunction with the Production Manager.
• Direct all maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all Carpentry/Props show items and devices as well as maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Create schedules for all maintenance activities and Training plans.
• Create and evolve training and backup plans for all systems and personnel in the Departments, as well as coordinate these backup plans with other departments and Stage Management.
• Maintain communication with the Carpentry/Props System Vendors and manufacturers for updates and repairs.
• Maintain and update the Carpentry/Props inventory of supplies and equipment as well as inspection and maintenance records.
• Coordinate with other Departments, the Technical Director and Production Manager, and Stage Management for the running of performances and rehearsals.
• Within the entire Technical team, evolve safety programmes.
• Adhere to and enforce Safety policies
• With the entire Technical Team, establish emergency procedures for show items, and personnel safety and rescue. Ensure the Carpentry/Props Team is trained and rehearsed in these procedures.
• Work with Creation and Artistic regarding changes, development and evolution of the show
• Other Tasks as assigned
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
• Work with the teams in developing rescue and safety strategies.
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances;
• College or Vocational schooling Degree in related Field.
• 5 to 10 Years experience with Theatrical Carpentry/Props in a leadership position.
• Knowledge of MS Windows, and MS Office System
• Knowledge of Carpentry/Props.
• Knowledge of Scenery and prop troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of various types of welding, automated tools, and other materials.
• Willingness and ability to be Scuba certified and work in a water environment.
• Ability to lead people and work under pressure.
• Fluent in English is an essential
Former creative director for Cirque du Soleil and the visionary behind the world’s most fantastic theatrical events, Franco Dragone, has imagined a theater where reality gives way to the sublime. His City of Dreams project in Macau promises to be an attraction of epic proportions. To realize his wondrous dream he is looking for highly talented and motivated individuals to help create the spectacle. Join the Dragone family and become a part of an elite entertainment group.
Imagine the possibilities.