This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
- The Head Technician will provide technical supervision for a broad range of performing arts and special events for the Massey Theatre Society and its diverse rental clients.
- The Head Technician supervises and provides direction for casual crews during set up, run and strike of Massey theatre Society’s events and rentals. The Head Technician will act as Head Stage Tech, Head Lighting, Audio Op depending on their skill set.
- Two (2) years of post-secondary training in technical production or equivalent live event production experience
- Knowledge of multiple theatre disciplines, ETC Lighting control, Audio Basics, Theatre Fly and Stage Systems
- Solid problem solving, decision making including the ability to research and present options
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a diverse team
- Positive and respectful approach to providing exceptional client services
- Previous demonstrated experience coordinating and supervising small crews
- Ability to represent Massey Theatre professionally, competently and to a consistent standard
- Familiarity with current OH&S standards and regulations
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 25 kg.
- The following Certificates or skills are advantageous:
o LPEC Certificate
o Current OFA Level 1 First Aid Certificate
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs in Windows 10
o Fluency in a second language (in addition to English)
Massey Theatre Society is committed to the values of equitable and inclusive employment. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Hours of Work: The applicants will have a flexible schedule and must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays. The Head Technician should anticipate occasional last minute additions to the schedule.
- Contract: Contract starts as an 8 week length depending on actual start date. An averaging agreement will be applied to contract, with a 20hr/ week guarantee, not limited to 20hrs a week
- Salary: $22.50/hr
- The successful candidate will start no later than in October 30th 2016.
- This position has the ability to be extended into further regular work with the Massey Theatre Society in the future
If you enjoy a wide range of performing arts and events and working with a diverse public, we would be pleased to receive your resume in application for this position.
For further information and to submit resumes please contact:
Mike Cooper, Technical Director, Massey Theatre Society – firstname.lastname@example.org
Massey Theatre Society operates two distinct theatres in New Westminster: Massey Theatre (est. 1949 multi-purpose production theatre of 1260 seats) and Anvil Centre Theatre (est. 2014 flexible studio theatre of 361 seats).