This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Preliminary planning & drafting of construction drawings for the seasons’ designed scenic elements
• Scheduling the build in conjunction with the Technical Director
• Creating a final materials purchase list for each production
• Construction and installation of all scenic elements for the 2013/14 season
• Supervising all additional labour required for the completion of all scenery
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled
• Read all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of build.
• Organizing a safe scenic shop, tool repair and maintaining its supplies and materials
• Experience with theatrical scenic construction including a wide range of materials.
• Experience with Vectorworks and all associated programs
• Broad working knowledge of scenic carpentry and metal fabrication/welding construction techniques using major shop tools
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Ability to interpret set design drawings
This is an annually renewable contract position. Specific work dates will vary by season. 2013-2014 season work dates are August 26, 2013 – April 30, 2014.
Working conditions and wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, and a list of three references by Monday, May 27th, 2013, to David Fraser, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place in June. Only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
Salary: Wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212
David Fraser, Production Manager at email@example.com
Alberta Theatre Projects is one of Canada’s leading contemporary theatres. We are in residence in the Martha Cohen Theatre (a 400 seat proscenium/thrust theatre) in the EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts in the heart of downtown Calgary, Alberta. We produce from September through May. Our season is busy; our workplace is dynamic; the work on our stage is exciting and wide-ranging in style, process and artistry. We’re seeking a great team member to help us achieve our artistic goals and take ATP into the future.
Check out our website at .