This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to;
• Proficient in programming and operation of computer lighting boards (ETC ION) and all components of the lighting system
• Experienced in programming and running sound control for both live mix and pre-recorded sound (SFX)
• Able to read and understand Lighting Designer plots and associated paperwork
• Able to work at heights
Duties will include, but not limited to;
• Monitor and assist with all aspects of pre-production as it relates to electrics/sound/video
• Assist Lighting and Sound Designers with respective designs and requirements
• Supervision of lighting/sound/video installations when required
• Assist with build of practicals and special effects
• Operate lighting and/or sound control (live and pre-recorded)
• Documenting and tracking of all show-related configuration in cooperation with the designers
• Build and edit show sound playback when required including tape, mini disc, CD, SFX and/or Q-Lab
• Oversee the Stanley Electrical department inventory, repair and maintenance
• Advise and assist with ongoing maintenance
• Assist with organization and purchasing of all consumables
• Advise and assist on theatre rentals when required
• Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
Preference will be given for the following;
• F.E. certificate
• OFA Level 1 certificate
• Pyrotechnic certificate
• Experience with Windows XP computer operating system and computer networking
• Operation and maintenance of motorized stage equipment control systems
• At least three years experience as a Head Electrician or Department Head for a professional company
• Experience in a fly house
The Head Electrician will be self motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills, plus have excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. The ideal candidate will have a calm and flexible outlook and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
Salary: not specified
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to;
1585 Johnston Street
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
The Arts Club Theatre is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-time Head Electrician for the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage.
The Head Electrician will work under the supervision of the Technical Directors and will be responsible for implementing the lighting design.
The Head Electrician will also be required to act in the same capacity for the Sound department for smaller shows.
This position is full time from on or about August 18, 2010 to October 31, 2010 with the possibility of becoming a regular full time position after October 31.