This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Head Carpenter is responsible to the Technical Director for the realization, costing, construction and installation of the scenic elements for Chemainus Theatre Festival’s season. The Head Carpenter will work to ensure the artistic vision of the artistic team, director and designers is realized on stage while maintaining safe work practices for all production crews, following practices in accordance with WCB, Worksafe BC, CAEA and Theatrical Industry standards. Chemainus Theatre Festival boasts a 3500 square foot outfitted shop with full amenities, in a quiet seaside town of 3900 on Vancouver Island.
• College or university degree or diploma in Theatre Production or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in theatre.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
• Broad knowledge of theatrical procedures, tools and products.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of scenic construction.
• Ability to manage time & priorities in order to achieve deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Vectorworks software.
• Ability to read and create technical drawings.
• Ability to work at heights.
• Experience with rigging an asset.
• Preference may be given to persons holding additional certificates, including: WHIMIS, Occupational First Aid, BC Driver’s License, LPEC, Firearms certificate.
• An enthusiasm for live theatre.
Salary: Commiserate with Experience
Nicole Lamb - Production Manager
9574 Bare Point Road, Bag 1000
Chemainus BC V0R 1K5