This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Thousand Islands Playhouse has an employment opportunity for 2 Theatre Technicians. (House Tech)
• This is an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic position. It demands strong organizational skills, motivation, flexibility, ingenuity, and good humour.
• These contract positions are full-time seasonal: The 1st. one goes from late April to Nov. 6th, the 2nd goes from June 7th to September 2nd.
• Reporting to the Technical Coordinator and Production Manager, Theatre Technicians will be responsible to assist with the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of the lighting and sound departments, including production requirements for shows, maintenance of equipment and inventory, as well as show calls during the season. The successful candidate must be able to complete work as scheduled while maintaining a clean, safe working environment.
• The candidate will also perform all show calls, lighting and sound load-ins and setup, and be responsible for a "user-friendly" storage and inventory of tools and equipment.
• Preference will be given to candidates graduating from University or College theatre programs or equivalent experience in their field working in the industry. Experience running Strand lighting consoles and SFX required.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter stating the position they are applying for to:
Dan. Rider, Production Manager
Thousand Islands Playhouse. Box 241, Gananoque, ON. K7L 2T8
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thousand Islands Playhouse is a highly successful summer theatre entering its 30th year of operation. Serving a Canadian mandate, TIP produces a main season of five shows from May through October plus a season of three shows in the Firehall Theatre. TIP operates the Springer Theatre - a 360 seat thrust theatre and the Firehall Theatre - a 140 seat black box theatre, in beautiful riverside Gananoque, Ontario. For more info: www.1000islandsplayhouse.com