This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Other
Gateway Theatre is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual to fill the position of FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER and CONCESSION SERVER, working with the Audience Services team to provide patron service and volunteer supervision. Depending on your shift, you will fulfill one of the roles at any given time.
As FOH Manager you will:
• Efficiently coordinate the front of house during events, liaising with box office attendants and backstage crew to ensure the prompt and smooth operation of show start times and intermissions.
• Supervise volunteers and concession staff.
• Trouble-shoot any challenges that may arise during an event or performance and document them
As Concession Server you will:
• Serve snacks and beverages to theatre patrons in a fun, fast-paced environment under the direction of the Front of House Manager.
• Ensure proper accounting and controls of concession products; reconciling cash sales at the beginning and end of shifts.
In both positions you will:
• Uphold Gateway policies and procedures; including health & safety procedures and food & beverage policies.
• Represent Gateway in a professional, inclusive, and welcoming manner at all times.
• Prior FOH Management or other service experience in the arts and cultural sector
• Experience leading volunteers
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills
• Friendly, flexible, and enthusiastic about sharing live performance
• Comfortable working alone and are able to lift heavy supplies on occasion
• Over 19 years of age with a valid “Serving It Right” certificate plus first aid training
• Fluent in English (Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are an asset but not required)
To apply, email Lucy Pratt-Johnson, Audience Services Supervisor, with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in your application
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $15./hr. as Front of House Manager, $12.50/hr. as Concession Server
Lucy Pratt-Johnson, Audience Services Supervisor
Gateway Theatre’s mission is to enrich the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is lead today by Artistic Director Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.