This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Other
POSITION: Fright Nights Haunted Attraction Cast Members
WORKING CONDITIONS: FRIGHT NIGHTS (October 7- Oct 31); must be available to work evenings as late as 1am as required
WAGE & PAY GRADE: $11.12/hr. (PG 62)
DATE POSTED: July 4, 2016
1st INTERVIEWS: August 16th – September 12th
Fright Nights at the PNE is Western Canada’s Scariest Haunt; having multiple Haunted Houses and other attractions on-site in Playland. The PNE is hosting auditions for various roles for this year’s Fright Nights season— we are seeking Cast Members that have a passion for the Halloween events industry, acting and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) to help us scare the wits out of our Fright Nights guests!
The Haunted Attractions Cast Members of the Games Department will work under the direction of the Haunted Attractions Manager and will dress up in costume and act out an assigned role. Cast members will be provided with safety training, costume and make-up and they will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies.
We are looking for talented energetic individuals to fill the following positions and specific character roles inside and outside of their correlating themed attractions:
• Front of House (Guest Services)
• Tattoo Airbrush Artist
• Insane asylum committed patients’
• Experimental psychotic doctors
• Well known horror movie villains (male)
• Large intimidating demons
• High energy, menacing and creepy clowns
• Victorian undead family members
• Human form reptiles, insects and animals
• Deformed boogeymen
• Possessed dolls (ability to portray seemingly unnatural body movements an asset)
• Zombies (fast and slow moving)
• Cast-based role-play based on assigned scripts/character within the themes of the haunted houses.
• Provide an entertaining and safe Halloween experience to guests through an assigned role.
• Interpret serious or comic role by speech, gesture and body movement to inform or entertain guests.
• Learning lines/researching characters and rehearsing roles.
• Preparing for and attending auditions.
• Researching, reading material or undertaking activities to help prepare for a role.
• Discussing interpretation and delivery with other members of the team and the script writer.
• Possible involvement in dancing and singing.
• Possible involvement with applying make-up and airbrush tattooing.
• Completion of Grade 11 by August 1, 2016 required.
• Current related acting/drama experience or education, including a high school drama program.
• Ability to wear a costume (including face mask, face paint, latex, silicon and/or make-up.)
• Ability to function both independently and in a team environment.
• Good knowledge of the Halloween Industry.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work in dark and confined spaces and spend a large part of the workday walking and standing.
• Ability to work extended hours and workweeks as required.
• Previous theatre background an asset.
• Previous make-up and/or tattoo airbrush experience or training is an asset.
• Position casting will be determined by the Haunted Attractions Management team based primarily on experience, team fit and the audition of the applicant.
• Training will take place on September 24th and 25th (up to two training days are required).
• All attraction, inside and outside, roles require full availability throughout the entire event.
Applications for this position must be submitted via the PNE website by Sunday August 7th, 2016 at: www.pne.ca/jobs