This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Township’s Community Services Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Fergus Grand Theatre Coordinator.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Community Services Department, the Theatre Coordinator will direct the day to day operations of the Theatre including box office operations, lighting and sound system operations, facility cleaning and facility maintenance. The position will be responsible for yielding the best possible revenue generation through the management and effective marketing of event planning and scheduling.
• Post Secondary Education in Theatre/Facility Management or related fields, or acceptable equivalent of experience and relevant education.
• 1 – 3 years of progressively responsible experience in theatre and facilities management.
• Demonstrated experience in revenue generation, customer service, and marketing.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with all stakeholders.
• Proven marketing and event planning skills
• Facility operations management
• Ability to manage technical and mechanical situations
• Volunteer coordination skills
• An entrepreneurial attitude would be a definite asset.
This position is a three-year contract position.
To learn more about the Centre Wellington community and the requirements for this position, please visit our Human Resources section on the Township’s website at www.centrewellington.ca
Resumes will be accepted from qualified candidates only and by email in word or pdf format, fax or regular mail.
Salary: annual salary of $57,425
Richard Hulley, Manager of Human Resources
Township of Centre Wellington
1 MacDonald Square
ELORA, ON N0B 1S0
Tel: (519) 846-9691 ext 245
Fax: (519) 846-2825
Centre Wellington is a thriving and growing community, located close to Kitchener-Waterloo and Guelph. Set within an urban and rural setting, it has a diverse economy, active arts and heritage community and renowned natural features that result in many lifestyle advantages.
The Fergus Grand Theatre has become Centre Wellington and surrounding area's premiere live performance space with a seating capacity of 264. In the summer of 2003 the Township of Centre Wellington became owner and operator of the Fergus Grand Theatre. The Township has made significant improvements to the theatre with a new roof, new HVAC system, new on-line ticketing system, new seating, and lighting upgrades.