This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
Under the Head of Expertise – Exhibit & Scenography, the Technical Designer / Project Coordinator – Scenography acts as a specialist in his/her field and overlooks and manages scenography production on different exhibit projects. This employee works closely with all project teams and different resources from the Creation and Production teams.
- Support designers with the conception of scenography content, exhibit furniture and other needed props (audio-visual equipment, mechanical and electromechanical interactive elements, etc.);
- Technical development of exhibit props and researching ways to integrate various audio-visual and interactive equipment;
- Research and drafting of fabrication methods with the help of Drafting designers;
- Budget evaluation of scenography plans, with the Head of Expertise;
- Research of suppliers in scenography, such as exhibit glass, architectural materials, etc.;
- Follow up with suppliers (production);
- Research and development of innovative means of production;
- Supervision of set up and exhibit installation teams.
Aptitudes / Qualifications
- Collegial degree in a related field;
- Good knowledge of architecture, a plus;
- Good knowledge of materials and various methods of scenographic and industrial assemblies;
- Excellent knowledge of Office (especially Excel), Sketch up, AutoCAD and others;
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Dynamism and organized candidates;
- Team spirit and ability to communicate;
- Ability to solve technical problems related to different fields such as design, audio-visual and interactive systems;
- Sense of initiative and desire to improve methods continuously;
- Open-minded, flexible and capacity to work with collaborators and the Creation and Production teams.
Flexibility for working hours and being available to travel on an occasional basis.
Please note that only candidates with relevant profiles will be invited for an interview.
Temporary contract - 6 months
Salary: Between 50-65k depending on the experience
GSM Project is a multidisciplinary design and production firm that specializes in museum exhibitions and immersive experiences. With a rich history that goes back more than 60 years, GSM Project has created over 1000 projects worldwide. Our star projects include the observation deck experiences At The Top, Burj Khalifa in Dubai and L’Observatoire Place Ville Marie in Montreal, the Canadian Pavilion at the Expo 2010 in Shanghai, the international blockbuster STAR WARS™ Identities, as well as permanent galleries for the National Museum of Singapore, the Anchorage Museum (Alaska), The Canadian Museum of History in Ottawa and the Bank of Canada Museum. GSM Project offers a complete range of services, including research, planning, design, technical development, content development and production, as well as multimedia installations and interactive applications.