This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Executive Director works in partnership with the President, Board and the Artistic Director to fulfill the Mission Statement of Ballet Kelowna (the “Society”).
The Executive Director is the senior administrative staff member of Ballet Kelowna and reports directly to the Board.
• In collaboration with the Board, Artistic Director, Events Manager, staff and key volunteers, develops and implements the Strategic Plan.
• Assists the Board in development of policies and assists in development of monthly agendas for Board meetings.
• Attends all regular Board meetings, attends Board committee meetings as required and acts as a resource to the Board and its committees.
• Reviews Board meeting minutes as recorded by the Secretary of the society before distribution to the Board.
• Represents all administrative contractors and staff at Board meetings.
• Establishes operating procedures pursuant to Board policy.
• Is responsible for the overall administration of the day-to-day operation of the Society.
• Manages administrative contractors and staff including their recruitment, performance management and staff training.
• Is responsible for the preparation, administration and payments of all administrative contracts for employees and contracted services for the Society.
• Makes recommendations to the Board regarding serious disciplinary matters if required.
• Supervises volunteers and the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
• Jointly prepares the budget of the Society with the Treasurer in consultation with the Finance committee.
• Manages, and adheres to, the annual operating budget of the Society.
• Develops an annual grants schedule and implements a grant writing program that includes preparing and submitting grant applications, including the researching of and application for new grant opportunities. Ensures that deadlines are met and the grant terms and reporting requirements are fulfilled.
• With Board members generates revenue by seeking and obtaining Sponsorships, Business Partnerships, Major Donors and Planned Gifts and Endowment Fund commitments.
• Responsible for coordination of annual subscription campaign.
• Oversees audience development, marketing, public relations and publicity plans for Ballet Kelowna.
• Represents the organization as its Executive Director in dealings with other organizations and at Community events.
• Promotes good public relations in the community.
• Advocates for Ballet Kelowna at the municipal, provincial and federal levels.
• Performs other related duties.
. Experience in managing small and growing organizations, preferably in the ‘Social Business’.
. Management experience, working with volunteer boards and committees.
. Post-secondary education in arts and/or business management, or equivalent.
. Experience in strategic planning, financial management and project management.
. Knowledge and a proven track record in fundraising including individual donor cultivation, grant writing, procuring sponsorships, planned giving and in-kind contributions.
. Knowledge of and experience in audience development and marketing.
. An appreciation for ballet and its value as an art in Canada.
. Strong written and oral communication skills.
. Computer competency with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and related programs.
- Competent with communicating and promoting via social media
Closing date: October 11, 2013
Benefits – MSP Premiums and Three Weeks Vacation
Ballet Kelowna has recently emerged from a very difficult period with growing strength and deep optimism about the future of the organization. The Society seeks an experienced full time Executive Director who believes that ballet helps strengthen our community by providing a gateway to the world of art around us, by feeding the hearts and minds of today’s citizens, while helping to attract tomorrow’s residents, visitors, students and businesses. Ballet Kelowna is committed to “excellence in motion” and is looking for an individual who desires to be part of the legacy.
As the senior administrative staff member of Ballet Kelowna, the Executive Director works in partnership with the Board and Artistic Director to fulfill the Mission Statement of the Society.
Please visit the website www.BalletKelowna.ca for more information about the company.
Salary: Annual salary from 42,000.00 to 52,000.00
E-mail resumes to:
Ballet Kelowna is a small professional touring ballet company based in Kelowna, BC that is operated as a registered charitable organization through the Kelowna Ballet Society. The company tours throughout British Columbia and Alberta, receiving rave reviews for the excellence of its performances. The company dancers- all Canadian performsa mixed repertoire, featuring classical and contemporary ballets; which each season includes an exciting new commission by both a Canadian choreographer and composer.