This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Highly motivated with exceptional management and organizational skills, coupled with at least 3-5 years experience in marketing in a leadership role, the Director of Marketing will take responsibility for the development and execution of Rosebud Centre of the Arts overall marketing efforts. This position requires a proven results-oriented sales professional capable of developing and executing short and long-term marketing strategies and accompanying tactics focused on the following four key areas: Single Ticket Sales; Subscriptions; Audience Development and Expansion and Online Audience Engagement.
• Develop and execute an annual Marketing Plan, including all facets of publicity and promotion pertaining to single ticket campaigns, that delivers revenue, retention, acquisition, and positioning goals.
• Implement a market research program that delivers meaningful and tangible insights.
• Grow audiences by creating initiatives to introduce and develop designated audience segments such as families, youth, young professionals, and specific geographic markets.
• Negotiate all media buys (television, radio, print, and web), including scheduling and development of all creative content.
• Develop pricing strategies and promotional offers to realize sales targets.
• Oversee Marketing staff in the execution of all media relations, including supervising the set-up and execution of media interviews, pitching story ideas, and approving all media releases.
• Oversee Marketing staff in the execution of all digital strategies, including social media, mobile, email, digital marketing, video content, and the company websites: www.rosebudtheatre.com, www.rosebudschoolofthearts.com, www.rosebudmerc.com (under development), www.rosebudcentreofthearts.com (under development)
• Oversee Marketing staff in the development and branding of all marketing-related materials, including approval of all print and digital content designed by advertising agencies and Marketing staff.
• Manage, mentor, and develop the Marketing team.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in arts marketing in a leadership role
• Demonstrated strong organizational and leadership skills
• Superior communication and writing skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
• Flexible work schedule, as occasional evening and weekend work will be required
Ideal candidate will:
• Be energetic, outgoing and passionate about the Theatre, Theatre Education and Hospitality
• Be a team oriented player who enjoys the collaborative process
• have 3-5 years experience as Marketing Manager/Co-ordinator/Associate or Assistant
• willing to work some evenings and weekends
This is a one-year contract to start commencing February 2015 or earlier with intent to continue to permanent. For confidential consideration, interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to
by 4:00 p.m. on January 23, 2015.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience
RCA is located an hour’s drive northeast of Calgary, nestled in the picturesque country hamlet of Rosebud, Alberta. Rosebud Theatre celebrated its 30th Anniversary Season in 2013, and is one of Alberta’s premiere theatre companies with an international reputation as an excellent Canadian destination for high quality live theatre. In 2012, it was named one of the 25 Most Innovative Organizations by Alberta Venture Magazine. In past years, Rosebud Centre of the Arts has received multiple awards including Travel Alberta’s “Alberta Pride” ALTO Award, the “Rural Tourism Champion” award and the Rozsa Awards. Annually, more than 35,000 patrons enjoy the “Rosebud Experience” of professional theatre, complemented by unique dining, art galleries, museums and shopping. Rosebud is also home to Rosebud School of the Arts, a post-secondary educational institution that offers conservatory training in theatre and music to students, many who advance to perform in productions by Rosebud Theatre.