This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for a Costume Builder for the 2016 summer season.
Start date: May 23, 2016
End date: Aug 6, 2016 (10 weeks)
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• The cut and construction of theatrical costumes. This includes draping and flat pattern drafting, knowledge of historical patterns, fabrics, decorations and construction techniques and knowledge of tailoring techniques.
• Arranging costume fittings, taking actors' measurements for garments and accessories, such as wigs, shoes and hats
• Shopping at fabric, craft, charity, and clothes shops
• Assisting with the management and organizing of the costume shop and stock
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Petty cash responsibilities
• The ideal candidate has experience and/or post-secondary training in theatre
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment
• He/she has extensive sewing experience and is able to work well under pressure
• Creative problem solving ability
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required
• A car is a requirement
• Must enjoy working outdoors
• Ideal for a returning student
4th Line Theatre can arrange temporary housing options for the length of the contract for out-of-town applicants.
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 29, 2016 to:
c/o 4th Line Theatre
P.O. Box 403 Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
*If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca