This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada is seeking a highly organized, efficient, and confident Company/Stage Manager for the 2014-2014 Season. This position will be based in Moncton New, Brunswick, but will require touring throughout Canada and in Germany. The Company/Stage Manager will work both with the Company of professional international dancers, and with the educational arm of the Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada - The Centre for Arts and Education. Possibility for this position to be full-time employment depending on the candidate.
Core duties include:
• Regular attendance in rehearsals to denote blocking information, track props, lighting and sound requests, and tend to the needs of dancers and choreographer as required.
• Maintaining daily schedules, tour schedules, and season schedules in consultation with Choreographer, Technical Director, and administrative staff.
• Liaising with creative and administrative staff by means of daily rehearsal reports and show reports ensuring a smooth transmission of information between all those involved in each production
• Calling shows with a keen eye to ensuring the artistic integrity of each show.
• Managing the Dancing Company by ensuring that the needs of dancers and other staff are met while in the studio and on tour through administrative tasks such by creating detailed tour itineraries.
• Providing Stage Management support to bi-annual musical productions produced by the Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada’s Centre for Arts and Education.
• A degree or a diploma from a recognized institution in stagecraft with a focus on stage management.
• Previous professional experience calling shows for Theatre, Opera, and preferably dance
• Previous experience working with a touring company.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft office
• Experience working in an educational setting with youth of varying ages an asset
• The ability to read music would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of props and costume maintenance would be considered an asset.
Deadline for applications is July 28th, 2014. Only those contacted for an interview will be contacted. Please direct resumes by mail or email to:
The Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada
PO Box 1783
Moncton, NB E1C 9X6
The Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada is a neo-classical ballet company dedicated to performing original works by one choreographer-Artistic Director Igor Dobrovolsky. Founded in 2001, the Company pursues a continuous creative process through collaboration with like-minded artists attracted by the vision and artistic philosophy of its Artistic Director. Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada tours throughout Atlantic Canada, nationally, and internationally. The dancers of the Company are a unique corps of international artists who bring a brilliant technique and transforming characterization to the stage. Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada In 2012, Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada was proud to open the Centre for Arts and Education with a focus on youth performance education, that is a performance based program integrating professional level training in dance, musical theatre, stage production and arts leadership, culminating in the opportunity to participate in full-length, fully produced musical theatre/dance performances on the stage.
For more information on the Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada and the Centre for Arts and education please see: