This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Design
Summary of Role:
Assisting the Head of Wardrobe, the Stitchers are responsible for stitching/alterations for all costumes for the Grandstand Show. This role will involve alterations, pulling costume pieces, embellishment, and building full pieces in the wardrobe room. Stitchers must have previous seamstress experience.
Job Duties/ Description:
- Sew costume pieces as directed by Cutter and Head of Wardrobe.
- Work in an organized timely manner to help the team meet deadlines.
- Report directly to Cutter and Head of Wardrobe.
- Source fabric and costume pieces as directed by Head of Wardrobe.
- Keep work spaces clean and organized. Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Excellent sewing skills and a great working knowledge of theatre costuming.
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work well with others and to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and adapt work in accordance with performance requirements.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated with an excellent work ethic.
- The role may involve manual labour.
- Actively cooperate with all Calgary Stampede staff and volunteers.
- Conform to all policies and procedures of the Calgary Stampede, especially those relating to safety and security.
- Submit to a police background check if requested.
April 1, 2017 – Tentative: July 1, 2017
Tara Gerritsen, Head of Wardrobe
The Calgary Stampede is a not-for-profit community organization that preserves and celebrate our western heritage, cultures and community spirit. The Stampede contributes to the quality of life by promoting volunteerism, presenting a year-round slate of events, investing in youth and agricultural programs, and developing a unique western experience for the world to enjoy. Since its debut, the TransAlta Grandstand Show has entertained and amazed audiences from around the world. From humble beginnings the production has grown in size and scope, incorporating amazing technology, the world’s best music, spectacular stunts, a world-class fireworks display, jaw-dropping pyrotechnics and stunning sets. The production team and cast of the Grandstand Show comprises of more than 140 performing artists, administrative staff, technicians and venue personnel over the course of each year with over 150,000 patrons attending the shows annually.