This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Management
DSW is seeking a responsible, self-motivated individual for the position of home based Business Manager. The Business Manager will work in close conjunction with the Artistic Director to ensure the smooth operation of all aspects of DSW’s work, with an emphasis on providing administrative support where needed to co-ordinate the management of DSW’s business. The Business Manager will support and report directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the following functions:
• Oversee and review the Bookkeeper’s preparation of the financial statements for Board of Directors and audit purposes;
• Prepare budgets for fiscal year and for individual activities, including show budgets;
• Prepare an annual projected cash-flow for DSW, and update monthly;
• Ensure monthly financial statements are prepared in a timely fashion and are presented to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis;
• Prepare all financials required for grant-writing and grant-reporting;
• Review and approve all payments made by DSW;
• Invoice and monitor all monies receivable by DSW;
• Administer payment to Society contract positions;
• Working with the Board of Directors and the Volunteer Coordinator, prepare and submit all gaming reports;
• Establish and maintain a database of contacts for marketing and volunteer purposes;
• Answer phones, direct messages to appropriate parties; and manage DSW’s incoming and outgoing mail.
Strategic Planning and Fundraising
• Working with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors, the Business Manager will assist with long-term strategic planning and will assist with researching and pursuing new and additional sources of revenue, and maximizing the potential of current sources of revenue.
• Working with the Volunteer Coordinator, oversee fundraising activities, including bingos and casinos.
• Working with and as directed by the Board of Directors, prepare corporate/individual information packages and resource campaigns.
• Provide support for fundraising activities, such as mail-outs, correspondence management, donation receipting, thank-you notes.
Coordinating and Assisting in Productions:
• Recruit, review and monitor contract positions at the request of the Board of Directors or as needed for administrative and production duties. Ensure that appropriate records are kept for each contract position.
• Create & implement timelines to complete activities for agreed upon season of activities.
• Working with the Artistic Director, Communications Coordinator and Board of Directors, assist with marketing efforts.
• Provide marketing and administrative support for productions including creating promotional material, ticket and box office management.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel);
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite would be considered an asset;
• Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle;
• Excellent organization and time management skills;
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
• Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision;
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; and
• An interest in Arts development in Calgary.
Please send your resume with cover letter stating the title “DSW Business Manager” in the subject line to:
Dancers’ Studio West Society (DSW) is a non-profit Society, and a leader in the local, regional, and national contemporary dance community for 35 years. As the only professional development organization in Alberta focused on contemporary dance, DSW provides development opportunities for Alberta choreographers, dancers and audiences, as well as raising the level and impact of critical arts dialogue.