This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Provides support and assistance to clients (students, faculty and staff) of IT Services as well as external customers
in audio visual technologies, minor hardware and software issues and network connectivity. Provides support in
ensuring the timely setup, operation and tear down of classrooms and events according to the client’s requests while
ensuring quality customer service and professionalism. Responsible for logging, prioritizing, documenting and
actively resolving incidents and client requests for service, as well as proper management and quality control of
audio visual inventory.
**High school graduation and general courses or training of moderate duration (one semester or equivalent) in
• **1 year of related experience.
• Ability to perform setup, operation and troubleshooting of basic audio visual equipment.
• Good knowledge in the setup and operation of video control & projection systems, video playback and recording,
video conferencing technologies, and video signal flow.
• Good knowledge in the setup and operation of microphones (wired and wireless), analog mixing boards, basic
PA setup, and audio signal management.
• Good knowledge in troubleshooting computers, software, mobile devices, networks and operating systems (e.g.
Windows, OS X, iOS and Android etc.).
• Good knowledge of common software applications for web browsing, office productivity, presentations,
communications and anti-virus.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to perform minor repairs using common hand tools (e.g., screwdriver).
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to exercise mature judgment and initiatives.
• Ability to work as a member on a team.
• Good interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
• Ability to lift up to 25 kg.
• Ability to work shifts including early mornings, afternoon, evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work additional hours and overtime as required.
• **or an equivalent combination of formal education, certificate/program of study and experience is acceptable.
A detailed resume and cover letter quoting Competition #527 must be received in our office by 4:30 pm on
November 30, 2015, addressed to the attention of Linda Chan, Human Resources Advisor.
Click here for more information on how to apply
In the place where innovative education, cutting-edge research and community outreach intersect, you'll find Simon Fraser University. Our vision? To be Canada's leading engaged university.
Born in 1965, SFU has become Canada's leading comprehensive university with vibrant campuses in British Columbia's largest municipalities — Vancouver, Burnaby and Surrey — and deep roots in partner communities throughout the province and around the world.