This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Report to and work with the Technical Director primarily while also maintaining effective working relationships with the rest of the office staff.
• Assist in managing all technical aspects of production and performance in the theatre
• Works in a variety of departments (lighting, sound, carpentry, rigging, etc) including the operation of consoles, flylines, etc. during show.
• Provides effective leadership for relief staff.
• Maintains and operates all theatre facilities and equipment in accordance with safety standards and legal regulations.
• Coordinates with rental and presented clients to ascertain and fulfill the technical needs of the show.
• Plays an active role on the Health and Safety Committee.
• Ability to provide excellent and professional customer service to a varied field of renters/clients.
• Able to work in a physically and mentally demanding high-stress environment and consistently long hours.
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in live performance or event production. (Applicants with a strong, experienced background in Audio preferred.)
• Demonstrated operational knowledge of all theatre technical systems including:
o DiGiCo SD9 Digital Mixing Console
o ETC ION Lighting Console
o Counterweight and hemp fly systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in audio including set-up and mixing of FOH and monitors for a variety of applications
• Ability to motivate and provide direction and support to clients and crew
• Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Proficiency with computer software programs; Auto CAD/Vectorworks and Microsoft Office, Q-Lab
• A post-secondary education in a technical theatre program or equivalent experience
• Preference will be given to candidates with the follow certifications:
o LPEC, LE, or FE
o Fall Arrest
o Aerial Work Platform (Scissor Lift)
o PAL - both Restricted and Non-Restricted
To apply drop off resume in person to 3800-33rd Street, Vernon, BC or email directly to the Technical Director at
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Rylee Block - Technical Director