This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Port Theatre Society is seeking a professional audio technician for the position of Assistant Technical Director/Head of Audio. This is a full time, salaried position and offers an extensive benefit package.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills as well as excellent communication skills and a marked ability to work as a part of the Port Theatre team. While the primary focus will be on Audio, the Assistant Technical Director will be expected to assist the Technical Director in all areas of theatre management as required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive experience in live mixing for a wide variety of disciplines
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage maintenance and ongoing capital development of the house audio system
• Experience and proven ability in supervising and nurturing part time staff ie: Alternate Dept. Heads, Monitor Operators, Audio Assistants and Casual Crew
• Ability to work with the Technical Director to advance upcoming events at the theatre with emphasis on audio requirements
• Ability to provide expertise and assistance to both community and professional touring clientele
• Computer literacy including basic network knowledge
• Basic stage craft skills
• Experience with RF management
• An interest in lifelong learning and professional development
• A willingness to teach and share information and knowledge and be a team player
Deadlines: Deadline for applications is September 23, 2013.
XOnly those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
Mike Hessler, Technical Director
Include Head Audio Search in Subject Line
Port Theatre Society
125 Front Street
Nanaimo, BC, V9R 6Z4
The Port Theatre is an 800-seat professional roadhouse theatre that operates in downtown Nanaimo, British Columbia. The theatre is owned by the City of Nanaimo and operated by the Port Theatre Society and hosts an average of 200 events per year on stage with a broad range of commercial and community based clients as well as events presented by the Society.