This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Western Canada Theatre, located in Kamloops, BC, requires an Assistant Technical Director, beginning Sept 5, 2016. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits on a 10 month, annually renewable contract.
Under the direction of the Technical Director, the Assistant Technical Director handles the day-to-day operations of the Sagebrush Theatre. The Sagebrush is a fully equipped, 700 seat, fly house managed by Western Canada Theatre on behalf of the City of Kamloops and SD 73. The venue hosts approximately 250 performances a year and would be the main area of activity. Clients include Western Canada Theatre, Kamloops Symphony, the Kamloops School District, a wide range of musical events and tours.
• Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the Assistant Technical Director acts as Crew Head for, and oversees, a variety of events.
• Assisting in the operation, maintenance and safety of the technical aspects of the Sagebrush Theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, stage facilities, and the rigging systems.
• Assisting in the education of technicians, apprentices and volunteers and the continued professional development of the team.
• Maintaining a clean and safe work environment at the Sagebrush Theatre.
• Minimum 4 years experience in a professional theatre environment, working as a Technician.
• LE or FE certification, as well as fall protection, personnel lift and supervisor training will be given consideration.
• The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of modern stage equipment, including automated lighting control protocols, hemp and counterweight rigging, sound reinforcement and theatrical construction techniques.
• Proficiency with live audio mixing as well as recording and sound theory would be ideal.
• A working knowledge of digital audio consoles is an asset (DigiCo SD9).
• A working knowledge of automated lighting control is an asset (ETC ION).
• Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, comfortable supervising clients, volunteers and on-call staff.
• Strong organizational skills, comfortable in a deadline oriented environment.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation including WHMIS, working at height, electrical safety, and must follow company policies and procedures.
• Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Must work well under pressure and in a team environment.
• Level one or two First Aid an Asset.
• Other Certifications will be given strong consideration.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Sagebrush Theatre: www.sagebrushtheatre.ca
For more information about Western Canada Theatre: www.wctlive.ca
For information about Kamloops: www.tourismkamloops.com
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please apply in writing to:
Western Canada Theatre
P.O. Box 329
Kamloops, BC V2C 5K9
Western Canada Theatre is a professional theatre based in Kamloops BC (3 ½ hours from Vancouver) playing in the 700 seat city-owned Sagebrush Theatre and WCT’s black box Pavilion Theatre. The successful candidate will be part of and work within a dynamic team producing professional live theatre. The coming season will consist of five mainstage shows (including two imports) and two second stage shows, and a TYA show. Three of the mainstage builds will tour or transfer to a co-production partner. The centerpiece this season will be Mamma Mia. Please review the profile of the company before applying: http://www.wctlive.ca/about.htm.