This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
This is a seasonal positon that typically starts in September through May (33-35 weeks).
Start Date: Fall 2016
This position plays a key role in helping bring to life Royal MTC productions. Working with the Head Scenic Artist, this position is responsible to assist with all aspects of scenic painting and sculpting. In addition, this position will support the Head Scenic Artist in providing guidance and supervision to casual paint crews.
Working independently at times, without supervision on assigned projects, the incumbent must be available throughout the Royal MTC building season and be willing to work some night and weekends call.
• A background in fine arts or interior design is an asset
• Minimum two years’ experience in theatrical scenic art
• Ability to read theatrical ground plans and estimate paint time
• Knowledge of various paint and art forms
• Drawing and sculpting skills required
• Good physical condition (able to climb ladders)
• Comfortable with heights
• Able to assist in moving scenic elements as required for painting
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Russell Martin, Director of Production at
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
Director of Production
Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre exists to celebrate the widest spectrum of theatre art. Deeply rooted in the province of Manitoba, which gave it life and provides for its growth, Royal MTC aspires to both reflect and inform the community it serves. Canada’s oldest regional theatre, each season Royal MTC produces ten plays at two venues as well as the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, a Master Playwright Festival, and an annual regional tour. www.royalmtc.ca