This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Production Services, the Assistant Production Manager will be responsible for the production management of Live Events within TIFF|Bell Lightbox and at other venues utilized by TIFF.
• Production planning of live events, including concerts, interviews, panel discussions, conferences, symposiums, award shows, and annual general meetings
• Liaising with Programming, Learning, and Events teams regarding live event, Partner Festival and 3rd Party technical requirements
• Meeting with prospective clients to determine technical requirements and solution definition to meet technical and budgetary requirements
• Working with Technical Production team, developing creative solutions to meet technical and budgetary requirements
• Preparing quotes for technical production component of Partner Festivals and 3rd Party rentals, in addition to post-event reconciliation for invoicing
• Managing client relations through pre-production, production and post-production to ensure successful execution of events and as per contracts
• Documentation and communication of all production details
• Weekly scheduling of Projectionists
• Scheduling of Stage Managers as required
• Leading weekly Technical Production Services meetings
• Technical logistics for special events including coordination of equipment, technicians, rehearsals, content capture, deliveries, rentals, and the timely creation of production schedules
• Coordination and scheduling of equipment, technicians and production schedules for projection and sound set-up of Festival large venues
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Start Date: June 9, 2014
• Minimum of 5 years Live Event production experience
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory and leadership experience
• Excellent technical understanding of sound, A/V, lighting, and staging
• Specific technical experience in film and video related technology would be considered an asset
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong managerial, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to remain calm under pressure
• Self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented, has solid project management skills, and can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
• Experience with Artifax, NetSuite would be considered an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, weekends and holidays
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 23, 2014 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Production Manager.
TIFF Email: *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:Assistant Production Manager
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.