This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Assistant Head of Wardrobe (seasonal)
Duties include, but are not limited to, in assistance of the Head of Wardrobe:
• Supervise and participate in work related to the Citadel’s presentation of productions and other events.
• Supervise all activities directly related to the operation of the wardrobe area including fittings.
• Scheduling and organization of rentals, and storage spaces.
• Arrange for the appropriate care, handling and maintenance of all wardrobe equipment in consultation with the appropriate department heads and Director of Production and Technical Director.
• Support other activities as required.
• A minimum of two years’ experience within a professional theatre environment
• Working knowledge of costume history
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and Photoshop computer programs
• Working knowledge of assessing costume renderings
• Highly organized, self-motivated detail-oriented individual who displays a positive attitude and is a creative problem solver.
• Able to adhere to schedules and tight deadlines
• Experience in a supervisory role
• Be innovative and able to adapt to new work situations quickly
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to maintain a calm and professional demeanour under pressure
• Must have a flexible schedule as some evening, weekend and occasional overtime work is required
This is a seasonal full-time position which usually runs from late August to mid-May. Applicants must be a member in good standing of IATSE or willing to join.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
Reply by May 19, 2017 via email to:
Currently in its 52nd Season, the Citadel Theatre is one of North America’s largest not-for-profit theatres and is a veritable Edmonton institution operating an iconic facility in the heart of the City’s arts district. In addition to producing a robust and impactful theatre season each year, the Citadel Theatre operates the Academy at the Citadel, which encompasses the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, a Play Development program, a Young Companies program, and a Theatre School.