This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Assistant Head of Audio assists the Head of Audio in the safe and effective operation of the audio department and the organization, installation, operation and maintenance of all audio equipment related to Citadel productions and presentations as well as tours, rentals and other events in the Citadel complex.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the coordination of sound requirements for productions and rentals mounted at the Citadel Theatre.
• Assemble, construct, and edit music, sound effects, and soundscapes for playback.
• Perform sound design and special effect design functions when required.
• Program and/or operate sound consoles, automated audio control systems and playback devices.
• Operate shows as required.
• Support other activities as required.
• Highly organized, and detail oriented individual who displays a positive attitude
• Post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum of two years experience as a Sound Operator in a producing theatre
• Excellent computer skills with a special focus on Apple Systems
• Experience with programming and operating digital consoles
• Experience with Hard Disk playback systems (eg. SFX, LCS, Cricket)
This is a seasonal full-time position which usually runs from September to June. The position will start September 2014.
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Full benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Submit resume and cover letter to
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing an annual season which includes a Mainstage series of six plays,additional add-on presentations, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol and our Beyond the Stage presentation series. The Citadel is also home to the Robbins Academy which encompasses our creative development programs: Play Development, the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Foote Theatre School, and the Citadel Young Companies.
Our beautiful facility in Edmonton’s Downtown Arts District contains: the Shoctor Theatre - a proscenium stage with 686 seats; the Maclab Theatre - a thrust stage with 685 seats; the Club - a 200 seat cabaret style theatre; the Tucker Amphitheatre - an open-air multi-functional area which seats 150; Zeidler Hall - a 240 seat theatre suitable for films and lectures; the Lee Pavilion - a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30 foot waterfall.