This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Head Rigger, the Assistant Head Rigger is second in command, leading the rigging team and planning the maintenance of the equipment, the scenic rigging infrastructure and the acrobatics systems. The candidate must ensure that these facilities operate smoothly during shows. The Assistant Head Rigger will help plan the transfer and the day to day operation of the department. The candidate must be available to work abroad and under a flexible schedule.
• Help the Head Rigger in maintaining the documentation related to the show and the rigging system up to date;
• Create and maintain a relationship of trust between the artists and the team of riggers, along with the Head Rigger. Train artists on the proper use of acrobatic and safety equipment;
• Install and hang the acrobatic and scenic equipment, safety lines and anchor points;
• Act as Lead Rigger in the absence of the Head Rigger; Supervise the team of riggers; Ensure the quality of rigging operation during the show;
• Inspect the rigging system and help the Head Rigger to produce inspection reports. Adjust and maintain the equipment as necessary, in order to ensure that the facilities are safe;
• Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with established policies and practices. Attend any training regarding safety and rescue at height;
• Ensure the practice of the plan for rescue at height with the relevant teams and external consultants if necessary;
• Ensure the smooth operation for rigging facilities during shows and rehearsals;
• Supervise with the Head Rigger, the set-up and tear down of the rigging infrastructure during transfers;
• Maintain the inventory of the rigging department;
• Work with the artistic team on any changes and evolution of the show;
• Act as a versatile technician during performances;
• Participate in daily tasks within the department;
• Participate in all other related task to ensure that operations run smoothly.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years as a stage and acrobatic rigger;
• Bilingual (French and English);
• Extensive knowledge of acrobatic rigging for a large scale production;
• Ability to climb and to work at heights ;
• Fall protection and general security training ;
• Formal education in work and rescue at height ;
• Recognized training in inspection, maintenance and operations of a chain motor is an asset;
• Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office;
• Leadership and ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent communication with artists and technical staff;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15