This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent has an opening for a temporary Assistant Facility Officer with the Chatham Capitol Theatre for a period up to March 31, 2019. This position is scheduled as needed between 0-40 hours per week according to Theatre activities. The Assistant Facility Officer (Capitol Theatre) ensures the safe operation of Theatre technical requirements (lighting, sound, other) and maintains a safe building environment for the Chatham Capitol Theatre. The Assistant Facility Officer (Capitol Theatre) includes a wide range of tasks and duties such as: setup and operation of lighting and sound systems, building maintenance/operation, facility setup for Theatre performance requirements, rentals, exhibitions, and special events. Position may occasionally operate lighting and sound systems for events at the Kiwanis Theatre.
Ability to demonstrate Chatham-Kent’s Core Values and Competencies through a combination of education and experience:
· Secondary education and with related experience
· Maintenance skills (i.e. upkeep of washrooms, carpets, floors, lighting fixtures, dusting of furniture, small repairs, upkeep of grounds around the building)
· Ability to set up and operate lighting board, as required
· Ability to set up and operate sound board/microphones and related technical equipment (DVDs, iPods, etc.)
· Ability to operate power tools such as table saws, compressors, etc.
· Ability to deal with people (including staff, general public, performers, rental customers) in a professional manner
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and shift priorities
· Willing to work a flexible work schedule
· Team player that contributes to a positive work environment
· Willing to work in an energetic, fast paced environment
· Self-starter, high level of initiative, works well independently and part of a team
· Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (or other similar software program)
· All new employees will be required to complete their Health & Safety and other on-line mandatory training on or before their first day of employment; other training (including Health & Safety policies) may also be required
· Electrical safety training, plumbing safety training an asset
· Carpentry experience as asset
Hours of Work:
· This position works weekday hours, evening and weekend hours, and on call after hours and on weekends.
· This position is scheduled as needed between 0-40 hours per week according to Theatre activities.
This temporary position has an hourly wage rate of $19,07 to $24.63, plus benefits following the successful completion of a probationary period, as per the CUPE 12.1 (2016-2020) collective agreement, as may be amended from time to time.
Salary: This temporary position has an hourly wage rate of $19,07 to $24.63
For more information: https://portal.chatham-kent.ca/Jobs/MunicipalJobs/Pages/MunicipalJobsDispForm.aspx?ItemID=799
Candidates interested in the above position are asked to submit our Career Profile application form and a resume to the email address below. Please do not include a cover letter, or copies of transcripts, licenses, certificates, etc.
What we look for in the application form and resume: Detailed information in the boxes provided under each question in the career profile application form where you have answered ‘yes’. Your resume should provide the same detailed information. In both documents, list under each employer the following: (1) the job titles (2) dates you were in each position (3) a summary of the job duties/ skills/experiences you gained in each position. The same information needs to be in both the career profile application form and the resume. Please be sure to check the box beside yes or no for each question asked in the career profile application form.
Internal Municipal Employees only:
When internal employees are applying to temporary vacancy and want to maintain their permanent status: Positions posted as “temporary” may be filled with permanent employees (full-time, part-time and call-in) who want to keep their permanent status provided their ability to be released to a temporary position is reviewed and approved with their current manager/supervisor and the Chief Human Resource Officer before submitting an application.
Please send attachments in a Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf) format only. Attachments must be attached directly to your email; we are not able to download documents from an internet site.
Applications must be received before 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 19, 2017:
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Attn. Cathy J. E. Hoffman, MPA, CHRL
Chief Human Resource Officer
315 King Street West
P.O. Box 640
Chatham ON N7M 5K8
Email address: (preferred)