This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Artistic Coordinator is responsible for all day-to-day administrative details of the Artistic department and will report directly to the Director of Artistic Planning.
Specific Duties Include
• Point person for all auditions. Coordinate and post all audition notices. Organize all auditions in Vancouver and organize auditions for Senior Staff travel outside of Vancouver.
• Contracting of all chorus, orchestra, children and supers per season.
• All Communications for schedule and logistic dissemination to chorus, orchestra, supers, children.
• Oversee and coordinate the involvement of Children in productions. All communication to parents.
• Oversee a coordinate all “Supernumerary/Supers” involvement in productions – all aspects of super selection, retention, communication.
• Ensure all performing artists have up-to-date bio and headshots in database. Work with Marketing department to ensure all artists bios are approved and posted on company website.
• Create and maintain the Artistic and Production Department database in Tessitura.
• Attend production, logistic meetings as required.
• General communication to Artists, Creative Teams, Artistic/Production Departments, Vancouver Opera Staff.
• One off – Event Stage Management duties as needed.
• Be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills – Outlook, Word and Excel are required; Experience with Tessitura or other database software an asset.
• Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate appropriate problem-solving capabilities, leadership qualities and initiative when required.
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment, experience with multi-event operations is favourable.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Have strong work ethic.
• Be proactive by planning and communicating operational decisions.
• Work well independently and with others.
• Appreciation for Arts and Culture.
Full time salaried position. It will require attendance at performances and at other events throughout the year with the busiest time taking place during the Festival.
Start Date – July 3, 2018
Salary: Salary Range $33,000 – $37,000 per year with benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email to